• Home
  • Search
  • Sprache
  • Impressum
  • Kontakt
  • Sitemap
  • Routenplaner

Introduction

einfuehrung

In Germany, about 10 % of all marriages remain involuntarily childless. About 800.000 of couples visit gynaecologists, urologists and general practitioners every year in order to find the answer. Today there are about 120 specialised fertility centres in Germany aimed at helping affected couples by means of all possible methods of the modern medicine. Approximately 100.000 couples are treated there every year. About 3 per cent of all babies born in Germany - which means more then 30.000 babies every year – are born after a special fertility therapy.

About one of every four women, that has an unprotected sexual intercourse in her fertility period gets pregnant right away. In about 80% of cases, pregnancy occurs within a year provided the women is 35 years old at the most and the partner is fertile without limitations (normal spermiogram). After two years, about 90 per cent of these women are pregnant. Therefore, it distinctly depends on the age. For each woman in the age of 40 the chance to get pregnant is only about 10% a year.

Natural pregnancy rate per cycle

Age 22 24 26 28 30 32 34 36 38
Chance in %  25 23 23 22 20 18 16 15 11

From this chart, it becomes clear that not every cycle can result in pregnancy. In the young women, it is also absolutely normal that pregnancy occurs only after several cycles. Furthermore, the chance decreases after the 30th year of life. Unfortunately, as the chances decrease miscarriage rate increases. Roughly estimated: the risk of a miscarriage in a woman younger then 30 is 10-20 per cent, at the same time in a 40-year-old woman it is already >50%. Pregnancy does not necessarily mean birth.

Diagnosis: infertility

If after one to two years of unprotected sexual intercourse pregnancy does not occur, it is referred to as infertility or involuntary childlessness. Not all couples, who have not been able to conceive a child after a year, seek medical therapy. The half of them can still expect getting a baby within the next three years. This very general prognosis can be better in some single cases but also worse depending on the cause of the involuntary childlessness and the age. After about 4 years of involuntary childlessness, the chances for a spontaneous pregnancy rapidly decrease: only 5 percent of all couples can get a child without medical help. With the medical help, in up to 70 % of cases a success can be achieved.

As a matter of fact, young couples (not older then 35) should try to get pregnant in a normal way for 2 years and older couples (older then 35) for a year. At the latest after this period, both partners should undergo an examination, so that no valuable time is wasted.

Causes

In 30 % per cent of cases, causes of infertility can be found in women and in about 30% in men. In the other 30% of cases, the both partners are affected. In about 10 % of cases, the cause of infertility cannot be clarified.

There are many reasons why a desire for a child remains unfulfilled. In women, it can be caused by:

  • 30-40% hormone causes
  • 30-40% disorders of the fallopian tube
  • 10% disorders of the uterus
  • 7-10 cervical disorders
  • 1% psychologically caused
  • 10% without a comprehensible reason

In general, today the decision to have children is taken much later then 20 years ago. With an increasing age, the chance to get pregnant decreases, especially in women.

The goal of our consultation is to find causes of infertility together with you and to offer individually tailored therapeutic measures that meet the needs of the couple. It is important to avoid excessive therapy; on the other hand, necessary steps should not be taken too late, which can negatively influence the chances of a successful therapy. It is a top priority of the treatment, to keep the risks for the life, which has not emerged yet and for the woman undergoing treatment as low as possible.

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

Aufgrund der aktuellen Situation in der Coronavirus Pandemie ist die soziale Distanz der effektivste Schutz. Auch wir als verantwortungsvolle Ärzte müssen diese Vorgaben umsetzen, um Sie und uns bestmöglich zu schützen, damit wir weiter für Sie da sein können. Um den sozialen Kontakt so gering wie möglich zu halten, haben wir eine Video Sprechstunde eingerichtet, in der die gemeinsamen Gespräche stattfinden können. Die Untersuchung und Behandlung werden weiter wie gewohnt in der Praxis stattfinden. Um auch hier die bestmögliche Sicherheit für Sie und uns zu gewährleisten, bitten wir Sie folgende Punkte zu beachten:

  1. Wir bitten Sie deshalb nur nach telefonischer oder E-Mail – Anmeldung in der Praxis zu erscheinen.
  2. Bitte bleiben Sie zu Hause, sofern Sie Erkältungssymptome (insbesondere Husten, Fieber, Gliederschmerzen) haben, oder wenn Sie in den letzten 14 Tagen Kontakt zu einer kranken Person hatten.
  3. Des weiteren bitten wir Sie, von einem Praxisbesuch abzusehen, wenn Sie sich in den letzten 14 Tagen im Ausland aufgehalten haben.
  4. Außerdem bitten wir Begleitpersonen außerhalb des Gebäudes zu warten, das betrifft insbesondere die (Ehe –) Partner. Wir melden uns telefonisch bei den Partnern, sobald wir ihre Anwesenheit benötigen.
  5. Bitte nutzen Sie die Praxisräume nicht als Warteräume. Hinterlassen Sie Ihre Telefonnummer an der Anmeldung, wir melden uns bei Ihnen, sobald die Praxis leerer ist.
  6. Auch müssen wir Sie leider bitten, Ihre Kinder nicht mit in die Praxis zu bringen.

Wir möchten den Praxisbetrieb so lange wie möglich aufrecht erhalten und bitten Sie deshalb um Verständnis.

Wir sind weiter für Sie da und werden sie nach bestem Wissen, und unter höchstmöglicher Sicherheit für Sie, weiter behandeln.

Gruß und bleiben Sie gesund!
Ihr Praxisteam

Ich habe verstanden